WHAT IS JCPenny Credit Card?
This card is a necessary retail store card, which can be used on the website and in-store purchases. This card is beneficial as well and comes with cons. So, in this article, we have tried to give you a complete scenario. This card is primary; that is, it is not linked with any debit card or bank account. This card is worthwhile in JCP chain shops and Sephora as well as the website.
Why the JCPenney Card?
Well, with every new card you can get a 15% discount on the first purchases.
PERKS OF JCPenny CARD
- Double Member Reward Point – You receive 1 point for every $1. If you compare it with a regular JCPenney Rewards Members, get 1 point for every $2.
- When you receive 200 points, you are eligible to receive $10.
- Special offers on gadgets and the particular time of years.
- Special savings day- sales and discounts every month. Cardholders are more privileged over regular customers as they receive more discounts on their purchases.
- Just like Macy’s, you get Birthday offers here too, every year.
- For the first time cardholder, you get 15% discounts on selected brands, shoes, jewelry, clothes, mattresses, furniture, and other products.
- 5% discount on appliances like electronics, smartwatches, TVs.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR THE JCPenny CARD
- First, you have to go to the JCPenney credit card website at https://apply.syf.com/eapply/eapply.action?clientCode=JCPCON
- A web page will open where you need to fill in your vital pieces of information. Information like full name, birth date, address, and other personal details
- You have to fill in your annual income, details if you own a house or rent.
- If you are over 21 and if your spouse owns a house and their respective income details.
- You also have to put up your debit card details.
- Your preference to be signed up to an electronic statement and ending with another set of personal details like security number.
- If you are done with filling up your information correctly, click “CONTINUE” to submit your application.
- Within 7- 10 days of applying for your card, you will receive a confirmation via e-mail and might as well acquire your card.
- Within 24 hours of the approval, you bring your photo-Id to the JCPenney store.
- Sometimes it may take longer than ten days to get a response via mail.
What to do if I forgot my JCPenney Credit Card password?
- If you have forgotten your password of your JCPenney, then go this website, https://www.jcpenney.com/forgotpassword
- You need to fill in your e-mail address or your phone number with which you were registered.
- You will receive a verification via e-mail, and you can create a new password.
JCPenny Customer care service
For US cardholders, you can contact the customer care services to this number 1-800-527-4403
For Mexico cardholders, you can contact the customer care service at this number 011-800-527-4403
Call customer care services on weekdays from 7 .00A.M to 12.00 A.M EST
On weekends starting from 9.00 A.M TO 12.00 EST
For cardholders from Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands to contact the customer care service, call at this number 1-800-981-8400
Call customer care services on weekdays from 7.00 A.M TO 12.00 A.M EST
On weekends starting from 9.00 A.M to 12.00 A.M EST.
CONS OF THE JCPenny CARDS
If you are going to buy significant gadgets, then the discount comes down to a mere 5%. Just when you start thinking if it is worth it, we can assure you it is pretty much similar to other store credit cards. A point is equivalent to $1, and when you reach 100 points, you can exchange it with a $10 gift card.
Unspent balance usually expires at the end of each month. Unlike KOHL’S or MACY’S, who are the biggest competitors for JCPenney, lapses like balances of each month is a considerable drawback.
JCPenney cards and their drawbacks
JCPenney gives us two types of credit cards.
JCPenney Credit Card
This card has $0 for annual fees. Are you talking about the drawback? The ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE is higher than the Kohl’s and Macy’s interest rate, which is 27.99% (fixed).
A minimum interest charge is $2, and a hefty amount of $38is charged for the late fees.
You need to pay off each month, and failing to do so will cost you as massive as $38.
Pretty much similar, but there is a catch. The catch is you get 5% off on transaction or $10, whichever is most profitable.
3% on each transaction.
But it’s the old wine in the new bottle. You have no annual fee, but the high-interest rate is merely staggering.
You get the same minimum interest charge of $2 and again a hefty amount of $38 for late fees.
However, there are no other perks apart from the above mentioned in the JCPenney Credit Card already provided to us.
How to make payment online with JCPenney Credit Card?
- You can make payment through the mobile app JCPenney App or website.
- Use your login credentials: “USERNAME” and “ PASSWORD” on the website.
- After login, tap on “PAY MY BILL.”
- Better to set up autopay for lucid transactions.
IS IT A RIGHT CHOICE?
In case you are not an avid shopper of JCPenney stores and websites, then you can give a pass to this one. According to Credit Card Review, JCPenney received 2.5 out of 5 ratings. JCPenney Credit Card is cited to be the easiest to be accepted and approved. Previously, Platinum and Gold cards were dismissed, and now that is introduced back, you can avail it for further benefits.
For JCPenney Gold Credit Card, if you can spend $500 in a year, you can get this card and get savings days and extra discounts.
For JCPenney Platinum Credit Card, if you can spend $1000 in a year, you can get this card. You can get everything from the JCPenney Platinum Credit Card bonus point and exclusive 30% off on sales.
If your answer to the above perks is “yes,” then you should go ahead and take it.